Week Seven

by Allyson Neely on Tuesday, September 2, 2008


First off - YES THAT'S A SMILE! Or at least the tail end of one! I have a feeling some would call me a "hippie" when it comes to parenting. I exclusively breastfeed, use cloth diapers, a sling, demand feed my baby, and in general try to do things "naturally." So when demand feeding wasn't working... I wasn't sure what to think. So, I've cracked down and put Asher on a schedule/routine. In order to help his tummy and help him eat a full feeding, I'm really trying to keep him at eating every 2.5-3 hours. He's done really well so far. I haven't gone as far as just laying him down and letting him cry it out for naps, but when we've done this routine long enough for him to know what to expect, I hope he just does it... (wishful thinking I know). But he's just such a screamer... holds his breath, coughs, chokes, gags... I can't just let him cry it out... maybe one day ;) He IS sleeping a nice 4-5 hour stretch through the night. So I can't complain. He sure is sweet when he's awake and not in pain, hungry, trying to poop, poopy, wet, or tired - so like 5 minutes a day :)