there's always time

by Allyson Neely on Friday, March 18, 2011


THERE'S NEVER TIME! Whoever said that must have been a bum with nothing to do. No one knows the value of time more than moms. Before I had children I used to dream about being at home with my children and playing with them, leisurely doing housework in heels with my hair done and cute little apron and just having an altogether relaxed life. SNAP! Back to reality. In all fairness, I might need to pare down on some of the things on my need to do list and shift them over to the "only if you have time" list. But to make life easier for me and my crazy need-to-know-everything daughter, I've made a family schedule for the week. From breakfast to dinner, if I'm asked, "Can I....?" or "When are we....," I'm going to say, "Go look at the schedule." Now to teach them about time... such a downer. Probably so b/c I'm NOT a good manager of time. Time feels kind of like shackles to me. I'm such a free bird :) I'm 38% YELLOW for goodness sakes! So now I just need to make everything FUN :) Aaaaand GO!