So I made Avery a dress... and now I want one :)

by Allyson Neely on Thursday, April 30, 2009



I made this for her the other day. I was so excited. I did this out of my head - no pattern (as I typically sew...) so it took me a little while to do. So when I went to show Avery and have her try it on, she didn't want to wear it b/c the ruffles around the neck bothered her... :( Are you kidding me!? I'm so heart broken! I wish I could just magically make it my size! I love it! I told Md maybe I'd give it to someone else... have someone else get some use out of it. But he said maybe she'll wear it one day... so we'll keep it for now. And dang it, I really wanted to make the tie out of the stripe fabric, but I didn't have any left (after making the ruffles and hem on the bias) and the fabric is discontinued. So, red ribbon it is! If I can ever get Avery to put it on for more than two seconds, I'll try to get a picture of her in it... so cute! Fashion = pain Avery. Learn it now. :)

One comment

very cute and very impressed! i would wear it...

by kellimoss on April 30, 2009 at 11:19 AM. #