Go without it. I dare you.

by Allyson Neely on Tuesday, June 3, 2008


Hey,  I know this is probably the last subject everyone wants to hear about, but I thought I'd pass along my findings.  And no, that's not my underarm, thank you google images.  A couple months ago, I started noticing my poor underarm skin really drying out, so being a stay home mom I thought, "Well, you stay at home.  No one's going to smell you or see you sweating.  Just go without for a couple days and see if your underarms get any better."  And I haven't worn deodorant since.  Its amazing.  I don't stink; I rarely sweat except when exerting myself physically.  It's crazy!  I think I actually sweat LESS when I'm not wearing deodorant (except when doing something physically demanding such as working out - then its about the same anyway).  I'm no hippy, but if I can avoid clogging my underarm pores with potentially harmful chemicals headed straight for my lymph nodes, I'm all about it.  That said, you should just try it for a few days... maybe not in the summer.  Maybe when it cools down a bit this fall or something.  But I'm telling you - its probably not as bad as you think.  And just when I think I'm even STARTING to smell a tinge, its about the time I'd get a shower anyway.  And if you're out and you feel like you might be stinky, baby wipes work wonders.  You can get unscented ones so you don't smell like a baby's bum.  That will usually take care of it if you had to run a mile or something strenuous and you have some place to be after that.  

So its official.  I dare you to go without deodorant for a few days and see how you do.  (just a warning - that first day or two, you might feel sweaty and stinky, but just go with it and the next day will be better.)  So, please feel free to comment and let me know how it goes for you.

2 comments

Asher...yo mama goin crazy! Easy on the pelvic bone! :) Thanks for the comment on my blog. Al, I think you should wear deodorant...I'm scared about that one! :) Miss you!

by Caleb and Heather on June 5, 2008 at 6:20 PM. #

Having hair under your arms also makes a huge difference. I can understand you telling women out there that they really don't need antiperspirant or deodorant, but guys is a difference story. I've actually tried it, and I also tried JUST deodorant - I can definitely tell when I'm wearing antiperspirant. If it was socially acceptable to shave my underarm hair, I probably would. But I care what strangers think about me because I'm shallow.

by Jeremy Hinkle on June 10, 2008 at 11:27 AM. #